Rosemary Focaccia Bread
June 1, 2021, 9:03 a.m.
This is my all-time favorite bread to make at home. It ends up sweet, moist, and you don't even need butter on it. I like to top it with cheddar or jack cheese to make it even better.
- 1 1/3 cups Water (warm)
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 package (7g) Yeast
- 3 1/2 cups Flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Proof the yeast. Mix the warm water (not too hot) with the honey, and add the yeast. Stir gently and wait until the yeast starts to foam (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the flour and olive oil and begin mixing. Add the salt as well and begin forming a dough.
- Dump the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes until you get a nice sticky dough. Add a pinch of water as needed.
- Coat a large bowl with a little olive oil, add the dough, cover with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise for about an hour or until at least doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and flatten it out. Shape it into a circle (for a cast iron pan), or a rectangle (for a baking sheet), and place it in your greased pan. Using your fingers, poke deep dents all over the dough surface
- Drizzle the top of the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle some more salt and the rosemary on top. Then preheat your oven to 400 degrees F while letting the dough rise for another 20 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until slightly golden and/or the cheese is crispy on top. Serve end enjoy!
- (Optional): Before baking, add 1-1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese of choice to the top of the loaf.