Zucchini and Corn Fritatta
A baked egg dish that you could add anything to, but here are my favorites.
- 12 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 strips Bacon
- 1 Onion
- 1 Zuchinni
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Can of Corn
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream, and a teaspoon of salt.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high and crisp the bacon. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel plate to drain and leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Chop the onion, add it to the pan and cook until caramelized. If you'd like to add other ingredients at this step go for it! Some of my favorites, Jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, red pepper flakes.
- Add the garlic and zucchini, and cook until the zucchini starts to soften.
- Add the corn and cook down for about 2 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of cheese, then the egg mixture over the sauteed vegetables.Then top with the other cup of cheese and chopped up bacon slices.
- Put the skillet in the over and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese on top is melted and the eggs are cooked through.